The Benefits of a Condition Survey
Providing documented evidence of the state of a commercial property, schedules of condition form the key basis of the negotiation of any sums the tenant must pay upon the expiration of their tenancy. The benefits of this documentation are significant:
- Helps to settle landlord claims for damages and dilapidations.
- Helps the tenant to show that they’ve left the premises they’ve been renting in the required condition.
- Provides evidence for the landlord to show that damage caused to a property is attributable to the tenants use of the property.
- Prevents tenants from being made responsible for damages they were unaware of at the start of a tenancy, which can have significant financial savings.
- Dated pictures provide photographic evidence to back up claims being made by either party.
To find out more about schedules of condition, read our frequently asked questions.
Mack Rae is recognised as being fully accredited and regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).